THE SHANGHAI 1927 PROJECT
In Production. The Shanghai 1927 Project combines several formats to establish a powerful experience in which you can keep diving in further. It's unforgettable entertainment developed at the best of our abilities. It gives you the fictitious story of 16 year old Lu Ping who lives in the roaring Shanghai of 1927. Among ruthless gangsters, super rich imperialists, poor prostitutes, world wide adventurers, nationalists soldiers, aspiring communists and so much more, she discovers herself and her city, while experiencing one of the defining periods in the birth of modern day China.
Other than being a classic entertainment product with a deep historical and rich foundation The Shanghai 1927 Project is also curated for learning in a tie-in website for teachers.
There is three overarching elements in The Shanghai 1927 Project.
The Girl From Shanghai. A digital comic book
- 150 pages of classic comic book for tablets and browsers with an array of subtle content twists.
- Integrated animation films for side character backstories
- Feature that removes the drawing background and reveals source photos
- Dramatically read out load speech bubbles in your chosen language
- Interactive big band music sound track
- Vignette pages with looping atmospheric animations
- Fictional advertising pages, that ties in with the story and also leads to the framing story of the magazine Shanghai Modern
Shanghai Modern. a fictive historical online magazine
- A digital interpretation of weekly entertainment magazines of the '20th, e.g. Vanity Fair.
- Articles on actual events of 1927 written as entertainment magazine journalism also fully accompanied by pictures, advertisements, novels, poems, little games etc.
- A layer of encyclopaedic content that gives background to the magazine content
- A fictitious story frame for A Girl in Shanghai is the comic book, that is published with Shanghai Modern.
Shanghai Learning. A Danish website learning material companion. ( Initially this part is only available in Danish. If we are to localise this aspect to other territories local partners and funding is needed.)
- The content in The Girl From Shanghai and Shanghai Modern is broken in to learning sized and chewy bites
- It's a bank of class room, single student, homework and group work assignments and learning guides.
- How-to-videos and video guides to the educational gains and goals fulfilled by the use of this learning material.
- Material for the subjects of English, Danish and History.